Friday, May 29, 2009

Delightful, or Talented? Which would YOU rather be?





I am not sure if I mentioned it, but I took an oil painting class
awhile back in Laguna Beach. It was fun, and a neat group
of people showed up for it.


The teacher said at one point I was "delightful".


Notice he did not say "talented.


However, I was undaunted, and proceeded to save each and every Jo-Ann's coupons to buy my oil paints at 40 % off. (God forbid I pay full retail)


Anyway. I have the paints. No brushes. A couple of canvas' to practice on.


I'm almost there.



In the meantime, I find artists that blow my mind on a regular basis.

Like this :















This gal paints one of these A DAY! Some of her stuff just amazes me. Something so small, like a book of matches or a lone strawberry...and yet, very captivating. She has a YouTube video that shows her
whipping one of these little paintings out, it's fun to watch.


Maybe someday I'll graduate from being "delightful" to "talented"!





Another fun one I found on Etsy.....

(maybe I am hungry?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find you both delightful and talented. Although you don't hear people use delightful a lot these days...lol


bun

i don't know why blogger won't let me post my name.

Unknown said...

Oh! OK...I figured it out....

I'm so smrt....oops smart.