Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nawlin's....











My trip to New Orleans is almost here, I'm so excited!!



It's such a magical place.

When you first arrive of course, you notice all the usual stuff... the restaurants, the river, the beautiful architecture, the drunken and rowdy tourists.














But then, after awhile, you start to feel the rhythm of the river, the music and the mood that is Creole, Black, French, Spanish and more, all mixed together in a trinity of the best of all those cultures together. Like good gumbo.





There are ghosts too. This is a city with a sordid past.... the Las Vegas of it's time maybe.





Marji and Sue are seasoned travelers, and I know they will be a hoot to hang out with. We have already agreed to do the Plantation Tour, the Ghost Tour, Presevation Hall...and, if I am lucky, I will get to go to Court of Two Sisters for Brunch, since that is something I didn't get to do on my 1st and only visit. I also missed the Garden District, the streetcars that take you there, and all SORTS of other things. Girls, we have a LOT to do! LOL






No comments: