Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fab Flea Market Finds...today I hit a jackpot....

If there is a brand that gets knocked off more than Luis Vuitton... I don't know who it would be. (..okay, maybe Chanel, but it's a toss up between them)




Fake Luis Vuitton stuff is EVERYWHERE. You just get immune to it...even when I see the real thing on some OC Housewife type, it STILL looks fake.





But today, I passed by a full sized suitcase at the swap.



It looked old. It felt real.


And it was just beat up enough that it states quite emphatically..


"This aint MY first trip abroad Pal"...




(as if a Luis Vuitton would use slang, please, they are FAR too well bred to consider it)




I asked how much...the Swap people said $300.


I passed it up....but it kept nudging me while I looked at everything else.



Later, at the end of the day, I went back and gave it one more look. I decided what the heck. It was a tough suitcase and has stood the test of time, so if it WAS a fake, it was a damn good one.

I offered cash...and grabbed it.




Well, a little research on the net and.... voila!


It IS real. And they are selling for around $700.




I paid $200.
































1 comment:

MessageForce said...

I feel really excited when i came to know that you hit the jackpot. It is actually a good thing which has occurred. I wish the next turn is mine.