Wednesday, December 2, 2009





I'm in Texas, at the USDF Dressage Convention. Wow, this is an easy gig!
Nice hotel, big room, lots of great BBQ and stuff. We may even see some snow tomorrow! (Why is it when I am out of town my Etsy business goes crazy?? LOL. I should leave more often!)


I explored the South Congress area for awhile today...what fun!




(notice this Cafe is 'sorry' they are open...lol)






This hotel was VERY hip, I didn't get the best picture, but if I ever get back here, this is where I want to stay.













In the South Congress area, these funny Airstreams have been convented into food stands! So Cute!
They sell all kinds of yummy stuff...crepes, cupcakes, BBQ, etc.


The second I stepped into "Uncommon Objects", I was HOME.



Seriously, this place is amazing, and takes DAYS to go through! lol




The prices are sky high...but they have such cool stuff it's just impossible to tear yourself out of there! They do not allow pictures inside....but when I told them I wanted them for my blog they got all happy and let me go ahead.






















I loved this glittery Jesus and Mary, and it was about the only bargin in the place at $29....but I had no way to get it home. Oh Well!











These 3 reminded me of my muttz.....










Lucky Magazine had this to say about "Uncommon Objects":


This is the most ingeniously curated antique resource we've ever encountered. Proprietor Steve Wiman only works with top-notch consigners, and it shows in the shop's 30-plus brilliantly executed booths, from a carnival-inspired stand dedicated to vintage gaming paraphernalia to a cabin-like nook laden with offbeat Western collectibles.

1 comment:

Bunnym said...

More pics please!! I like the doll heads. What did you buy?